A matching puzzle game that goes at a fast pace
- Category Puzzle
- Program license Trial version
- Size 103.82 MB
- Works under: Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP
- Program available in English
- Program by PopCap Games
Zuma's Revenge takes the exciting game play found in the original Zuma and pushes it up a notch to create a challenging game for all players.
As with the classic game, you're responsible for matching colors in a specific period of time. The game features several maps with multiple levels on each map. A large frog sitting in the center of the screen has a ball inside its mouth. A ditch running along the edge of the screen follows a path that leads to a gold icon on the opposite side of the screen. Balls come out from the other side and wind along that path. You use fire balls from the frog's mouth and eliminate sections of similar colors. While the game might sound easy, it gets more challenging later.
When time begins winding down, you must make matches faster. The balls move faster too, which can make finding those matches hard. If the chain of balls reaches the gold icon, you lose. The game asks that you eliminate all the balls on the screen before time runs out. A screen at the end of each level shows you the score you earned, any bonus points you earned, and the largest combo you made. You score more points for making higher combos. The game also shows you the expert time for each level compared to the score you earned. You can play each level multiple times to improve your total score.
The higher levels found in Zuma's Revenge are especially challenging. These levels reduce the amount of space between where the balls come out and where the chain ends. Upper levels also bring in new angles and other obstacles that will keep your balls from going exactly where you want. Though the game is frustrating and repetitive at times, it is one that you can beat.
This trial version of Zuma's Revenge lets you play as many levels as you can reach before time runs out. You have just 60 minutes to play before the game will ask you to buy the full version. This may not be enough time for you to decide if you want to invest in the full game. Despite being a demo, the installation and download times are quite long. If you want a unique game and don't mind waiting for it to download, Zuma's Revenge is a great option.
- Fun and addictive game that it suitable for all ages
- Game slowly increases in difficulty as you advance
- Improves on the graphics found in the original game
- Features a fun and interesting story line
- Tutorial walks you through the steps of how to play
- Download times are quite long
- Installation times are even longer
- Higher levels are quite challenging for beginners
- Demo version only lets you play the game for 60 minutes
- Many levels feel too repetitive